The team has signed the TA, and the AEA Board of Directors voted to recommend ratification, but it is our members who ultimately decide whether to accept these terms or not.
Please take the time to read the summary and TA fully. Thank you for your critical analysis and thoughtful consideration of the TA in its entirety.
* We invite you to attend one of the four all-member meetings, currently being scheduled, in order to meet with the Bargaining Team and ask questions on November 20, 21, 27, & 28, 2017, from 4:30-6:30pm, (locations TBA, pending facility availability, but will likely be held in high school auditoriums).
* The result of the vote will be released the following day, 11/30.
* If membership votes not to ratify, bargaining will continue with mediation.
* If membership ratifies the TA, it will be forwarded to the ASD School Board for approval. It will first appear on the Non-Action Agenda at their December 4th meeting and then voted on as an Action Item at their December 18th meeting.
* Assuming School Board approval, we would be able to start the new semester off fresh under the terms of the new contract and bargaining would resume in April 2018.